Do Not Lose Confidence

Hebrews 10: 35-36: Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience,that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.  - KJV

Galatians 6: 9: And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
     -KJV


   I think it has been almost a year or more since the last post. A lot has transpired since then. Quite honestly, the Lord kept pressing upon my heart to continue updating the blog but I was always too busy or tired. Busy with what? Work, school, church, dance practice, etc. All these activities are good but I think sometimes we get so caught up in "doing" that we forget what is really important- spending time and listening to God. I started getting so tired, frustrated, and my attitude was not the very best. I did not like the fact that I was always weary when the entire time the Lord is saying "Learn of Me." He tells us in Matthew 11:28-29 "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls." So many times we are "doing" for the Lord and get caught up "doing" in our own strengths. No wonder we get tired and weak. Yes, it is true that in our weakness He is made strong (2 Corinthians 12:10) but we must be sure to sit at Jesus' feet and learn of Him. He is our source of strength, comfort, peace, and protection. He leads us in the path He destined for each of us. We all have a calling, a purpose on this earth to fulfill for His glory and His alone. I am reminded of a verse my grandmother always told us,grandchildren, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" (Psalm 119:105). I never understood why she was so adamant for us to memorize at least that particular verse; however, I truly am glad she did. Every time I experience a trial, the Holy Spirit reminds me of this verse. It steers me back to Him. Gently, directing me to seek the Lord's word and wisdom for my life. This also requires trust. You see, my dear friends, sitting at Jesus' feet humbles us. It is in that posture where the Lord not only searches our hearts but shows us our hearts in the light of His word. He desires intimacy and relationship with us. Imagine that!! The Creator, Himself, actually yearns for our attention, the very beings He created! He wants to take our faith and trust deeper in Him. How can we know the steps to fulfilling our purpose if we do not take the time to seek and hear from the One who created and knows the blue print? How can we expect to step into the next season of our lives if we refuse, ignore, run, or hide from the process or even worse, complain throughout the process? My brothers and sisters, the Lord is concerned about our hearts and souls. He wants to give us the best of Him so why do we not give Him the best of ourselves? We need to let Him pour into us so we can pour into others. This requires running to the well, the fountain of life, that never runs dry. We want to receive the promises He has for us both in this life and the next to come; however, that requires complete surrendering of our wills to His. I am not saying this is an easy thing to do. Every season or transition we experience, comes with its own tests and trials. It also includes a pruning of our hearts, minds, and souls. It challenges our actions, attitudes, and motives. Why? So we can be the individuals the Lord wants us to be so we can be a light to others in this world. So if you feel a little off or maybe your life seems (at least from your perspective) out of sync, then I encourage you to take a second look. Take a seat and look up. Ask the Lord to fill your cup. He is always ready, willing, waiting, and speaking it is just up to us to trust, listen, and obey.
         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

In The Fire