Keep Trusting


Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.   -Proverbs 3: 5-6 (KJV)

   Keep trusting HIM. Keep trusting in the Lord. Abide and rest in Him. How? In His word. Meditate on His word. Reflect on what He has done in your life and what He is doing now. A lot of times we do not know or understand what is happening. Those are the moments when we must rely heavily on our faith in the Lord. He knows the details concerning every aspect of our lives. We must let the light of His word shine in the dark crevices of our hearts. Only God can lift the weight. He says, "Come unto me, all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest," (Matthew 11:8). Such wonderful words. Sometimes in our dark moments that is a difficult thing to do. Trust and rest? How can I? you may ask. No one ever said it would be easy. Abiding in His word helps us accomplish this task. Sometimes there really is nothing else we can do. We must exercise our faith in all things. Knowing the Lord is there and His grace is carrying us through, even if we may not feel like it is a great comfort. I, myself, at times feel as if I am walking in a dark path trying to feel the walls to help guide me while I move ahead. Then, in an instance, the Holy Spirit reminds me to cling to the word of God. His word shines ahead of me to see just enough for the next step. I do not know where the next step is, how high or deep. I just know in my heart I am moving forward. To be honest, it is a very uncomfortable position to be in but at the same time I am beginning to think it may also be one of the best. It shows me I do not know it all. Just like Psalm 23 says, "The Lord is my shepherd..." So you see, my brothers and sisters, we have nothing to fear. The Lord is our shepherd and He will always be our shepherd. "His word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path" (Psalm 119:105). The light not only shines IN the darkness it also OUTSHINES the darkness. As long as we continue to hold fast to His promises, there is nothing we cannot overcome. God is in control. How wonderful to know God's word always directs our path and shines in the darkness. So keep trusting and believing. In due season He will bring to pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

In The Fire