Be Still and Know

Moses spoke to the people: “Don’t be afraid. Stand firm and watch God do his work of salvation for you today. Take a good look at the Egyptians today for you’re never going to see them again.God will fight the battle for you. And you? You keep your mouths shut!” - Exodus 14:13-14 (MSG)

Then Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid! Take your stand [be firm and confident and undismayed] and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today; for those Egyptians whom you have seen today, you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you while you [only need to] keep silent and remain calm.” - Exodus 14:13-14 (AMP)

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. - Psalm 46:10 (KJV)

“Be still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God.I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth.” -Psalm 46:10 (AMP)

     I thank the Lord for this beautiful day! It has officially been two years since this blog started. Two years of silence, yet so much occurring at the same time. Within those years, I completed graduate school, received a promotion, became more active in dance and outreach ministry, and went on my first mission trip to Cuba. Indeed, it was beautiful and all the glory belongs to God!! I thank God because it was only by His grace and mercy that I made it. I wish I could say that I enjoyed the journey along the way but not as much as I  probably could have. In the midst of all those victories was so much pain, sorrow, heart ache, and tears in between. My mother survived two heart attacks. I experienced a horrible relationship that lasted only three months but felt like forever. Not long after, I eventually entered another relationship this time for three years. However, it did not go in the direction that I was praying it would. I thought we would be married, but life or maybe God has a way of orchestrating events in ways we know absolutely nothing about. 
     You see, in the midst of the milestones and moments where I should have been celebrating, I was so focused on what I did not have. I also became so busy in 'doing' or 'serving' God that I was not truly listening to Him. I went through a period (and still am in the  period) of  pruning and purging. I was fighting the pruning so much that I became miserable. I could not enjoy the fruits of my labor. I became so discontented, unhappy, ungrateful, and dare I say prideful and at times envious of others. All the while wondering why God was taking so long or making me wait so long for things and situations to be resolved that I had been praying over for years.
        During the process, the Lord showed me what was really in my heart. This revelation frightened and pained me. In the waiting, I saw my true attitude and mindset. As painful and as ugly as it is, I thank God. I knew since May that I wanted to change--I needed to change. I also knew I was in training for God's purpose for my life. Nevertheless, I had no idea what exactly it entailed. Even when I strayed, threw my tantrums, the Lord never left my side. Matter of fact, I could hear Him, but I still was not listening. Within those years the Lord kept telling me to be still, wait, and trust in Him. Yet, I kept striving, kept crying, kept doing, and not sitting. My mind and emotions were in a mess. I had no peace and I felt as if I lost my joy. Nevertheless, I kept praying and kept pressing. I started pulling back in ministry. I was involved in too many things. The Lord showed me where I needed to focus. Slowly and surely, my load started getting lighter. Then, as I was praying one day, the word of the Lord said, "It's over, it's over, it's over. Cease. Stop fighting, I AM fighting for you." Prior to this a friend texted me the Exodus 14:14 verse. In that moment was such a release. I could feel myself letting everything go! So many weights (that I kept carrying) were lifted. Simultaneously, it was painful because there were people and relationships that I held on to for so long. I knew God said let them go but I was afraid, unsure, and I loved them. Still the Lord said "Let it go, it's over." 
     Even now, the pain is still there but I know God has already healed me. I truly believe and know the pain of letting go will be overtaken by the joy that is right ahead of me. It is such a wonderful thing to know that our Great and Mighty Lord loves us so dearly that He will do anything to protect us, even from ourselves. How many times do we forfeit joy, peace, and praise because we are so bogged down with life? How many times do we keep carrying the same weights the Lord has already told us to just give to Him? How many times do we miss time with God because we are so busy (sometimes not even being productive )? How long are we going to continue to fret about the future rather than going to the One who holds our future in His mighty hand? If only we would just be still. When we meditate and sit in the presence of God, there is so much He ministers to our spirit than we could ever receive in a Sunday service. God desires to be God in our lives. He is ready, willing, and waiting for us to come to Him with EVERYTHING. He is concerned about EVERYTHING that concerns us. To think that the God of ALL creation, says He will fight for us is overwhelming. To know the God of ALL creation just wants us to rest IN Him while He works behind the scenes of our lives is amazing. 
    So why is it hard to be still, to wait on the Lord? Because we do not know Him. We get tired of waiting. We live in a society of instant gratification. We want things done in a certain way and on our timing. We think we know how life should go, at least I did. We create time lines for ourselves, yet never leaving room for flexibility. We make plans and leave God (who is the author of everything) out of it or maybe some of us do not think God even fits in our plan. The Lord wants us to know Him. To know someone is to be intimate, spend time and communicate with the individual. The more we get to know God, the more we realize we do not know Him. His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9). He knows the end from the beginning. God is a loving Father. He knows who and what is best for us. He has a purpose for each of us. He desires for us to be fruitful, which is why He purges us. He wants us to mature in Him so we can withstand the trials of life as well as demonstrate His glory in the earth. Often we look to the victory and the promise but forget there is a journey along the way. During that journey, there will be pain and suffering. Yet, we need not fear because our Great Shepherd is walking with us. 
My dear brothers and sisters, regardless of the battle, trial, or life circumstances, please know the Lord is with you! He is fighting for you! He is covering you under His wings. Psalm 91 states, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and fortress. My God in Him will I trust." The Lord never promised us that life on this end would be easy. If He suffered we will suffer also. However, in Him we have already overcome! In Him we have victory and that victory is our faith! Stay with God. Do not give up, do not give in to the enemy's lies. Lean on the Lord. He is your strength, a very present help in the time of trouble! Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you. He is able to handle it. He can and He will handle it! Continue to fight the good fight of faith. God can do wonders even with faith as small as a mustard seed. Do not count yourself out (I almost counted myself out) BUT I thank God! I thank Him because I choose life and not death. It felt like I was going to die (spiritually) but the Lord heard my cry and saved me, again! 
     As long as we are walking this earth, we are being processed day by day. Allow the Holy Spirit to do His work in and through you. Confront those fears, addictions, issues, whatever it is...give it to God. He will guide you and send resources your way to help. Matter of fact, the greatest Helper, He already sent, which is His precious Holy Spirit. I encourage you to try God. You already tried everything else and how is that working for you? Receive the gift of eternal life from the Life Giver. Live the abundant life in the here and now. Know that God is for you and not against you. Know that God will supply your every physical and spiritual need. Know that God loves you so much that He sent His only Son to die for you so you can have eternal life and live in victory. Know that God is smiling on you and waiting to hear from you. Know that He is always fighting for you. Know that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Know that God has already made a way for you. Be still and know that He is God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

In The Fire